Re: Getting gamepad to work, detection problems.

000dom000 wrote:
>  sorry about that. in terminal the long output cuts off, is there a way to stop that? the short output doesn't give me enough info...

Code:
lshal | less

And look for your joystick's name. You need :

Code:
input.device = '/dev/input/event0'  (string)

Where "0" will be some number.

000dom000 wrote:
> also you said to find out which dev/input/event it is. isn't that what I use for native games. that is /dev/input/js1

Yes and no. There are 2 joystick input interfaces - "Linux input" and "event device" aka evdev. Evdev is a newer interface. But most distros configured so you don't have direct access to those devices.

You should find which device is it, and chmod it so Wine can use it.