Re: [Fwd: Lotus Notes with wine in opensuse 64 bit]

Austin English wrote:> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:00 AM, N. Sridhar <nsridhar22@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>   >>  Austin English wrote:>>>>  On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 6:31 AM, N. Sridhar <nsridhar22@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>>>>>>  Thanks for your reply. I deleted the ./wine directory under home and>>  created it again by running winecfg. After creating the drives in>>  windows partition>>>>  No, don't do this!>>>>>>>>  nsridhar@NSIBM2:~> wine /windows/D/Program\ Files/lotus/notes/nlnotes.exe>>>>  Bad!>> Le sigh...>>>> $ rm -rf ~/.wine>> $ winetricks vcrun2005>> $ wine lotus_notes_setup.exe # DO NOT RUN YOUR WINDOWS INSTALLED>> VERSION, INSTALL IT FRESH IN WINE>>>> Then report back.>>>>>>  Thanks again for the prompt reply. I apologise for the delay in replying as>> I had to arrange for the Lotus Notes Program setup disc. I followed the>> instructions as given above.  I tried initially to install lotus notes from>> wine in the partition D, but, it gave errors and did not install.>>>>  Later on I selected the c: drive and the Lotus Notes now works properly>> wiht wine. I had to make the initial setup and configuration for the Lotus>> Notes.  However, the setting of only TCPIP for the network was not possible>> from the menu of User-Preferences. I finally opened the notes.ini file and>> changed the configuration to lookup only for TCPIP and not LAN0 or other>> networks.>>>>  However, I am at a disadvantage since I have local replicas of my database>> in the /windows/D directory (which I am forced to use sometimes in our>> office due to network rules). In the earlier 32 bit version of opensuse, I>> was running the windows version directly from wine in opensuse and was>> replicating/updating the mail database locally on the same file both from>> windows and linux. Now I had to copy my id file, address book as well as the>> local replica of my mail database to c:\Program Files\lotus\notes\data unde>> home/nsridhar/.wine also. Would it be possible to replicate the same local>> file both from windows as well as linux?>>>>  Regards>>>>  N. Sridhar>>>>     >> Please reply to the list, so others can help/be helped.>> Assuming you have write permissions to where the file is stored, you> could try a symlink. However, NTFS support is just now starting to> become fruitful in Linux, so you should be cautious.>>   Hello,
I think I have (hopefully) solved the problem. In my linux, I pointedout to the mail database as well as mail id file which are located in mywindows D: drive. The windows D: drive has been partititoned with vfatso that both the windows as well as linux systems can write to it. Ideleted the local mail database as well as the local mail id file from/home/nsridhar/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/lotus/notes/data. I alsoopened the mail dataase in our office server and had both the icons inmy workspace. I had to add for replication of the databases by rightclicking on the database and replicate. It asked for replication viabackground replicator and then I had to once again check th replicationsettings.
I thank you all for the support provided.
Regards
N. Sridhar