Re: Caution when deleting .wine ...

vitamin wrote:
David Shaw wrote:
John Drescher wrote:

At the risk of getting flamed, you yourself have often told people to 'rm
-rf ~/.wine'

Doing that will not follow symlinks.

John

Surely dragging and dropping files into the trash or simply deleting them in nautilus shouldn't follow symlinks either, which, so far as I can tell, was what was happening with the reported bug :-)

I was merely trying to point out that the idea "to move files into trash instead of letting Wine to safely remove them?" is one that is fairly regularly suggested here.

David Shaw

I was referring to something else. About a year or so ago Wine started to use Trash to remove files to. Before it was just removing them.

In which case, please accept my apologies - I was unaware of that behaviour.

David Shaw