Re: Eve and morals

Nick_S wrote:
James McKenzie wrote:
(snip)
Thank you for the well thought out answer instead of a knee jerk "NO! GET AWAY FROM ME WITH THAT!" post with no reasoning or elaboration.

Nick:

I worked in industry where 'borrowing' code could end you up in lots of trouble. First with the company's legal department, as you did not hold title to the code and now they cannot legally release their product. Second, with the legal department of whomever you 'borrowed' the code from. Gets really aweful from this point. With Wine 'battling' a rather large, legalistic company, we need to stay completely clean. And I mean 'squeaky' clean. All of the code must be original code that does not duplicate any of the code from that very large, legalistic company. If we were to loosen our 'grip' in one area, it could spell doom to the entire project. Thus we cannot use code from other like projects and we certainly cannot use code that has unknown origins. So, thank you for your kind comments. and no we cannot use the code that the OP hinted at for this project, ever.

James McKenzie