Games freeze with CD music

So it looks like Wine is doing a good job of emulating Windows.  It's so good that I'm having the same problem with old games as I was under WinXP.  If I play a game with CD audio tracks, it freezes for a few seconds every time the track changes.  Under Windows, I used to apply the IgnoreMCIStop fix from the Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit to fix the problem.  Does Wine have anything similar to that?