Re: X-Windows hangs while playing Tales of Pirates

En/na Austin English ha escrit:
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Marc <budalokkos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 The problem is that after some time playing, my X hang and I can't even
 close session with Ctrl+Alt+Tab or change it with Ctrl+Alt+F1 . It
 happens at an unknown moment, something between 1 minute and 30 minutes
 after starting the game. My only option is to start an ssh session from
 another computer and write down "killall game.exe". This command allows
 me to recover the functionality of my system and start again the game.

Sounds like buggy drivers. You could try the open source/vesa drivers
and see if you still have problems. Wine by definition as a user
process can't lockup the system (unless ran as root).
No, I can't:
VESA -> Game needs 3d acceleration
ATI -> Not working for my graphics card
RadeonHD -> I can start the game, but game is totally unplayable.
 My system is:
 -ATI X1600 with fglrx driver version 8.452.1.
 -Debian Lenny with KDE.
 -Wine 0.9.56 from sources

ATI is known for buggy drivers...
So, I can't do anything else than wait for the promising RadeonHD drivers to get better performance? The wine log message I wrote on the other email does not give any clue on what could be happening, other than my buggy binary driver? (err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x6e4181c "?" wait timed out in thread 0028, blocked by 0027, retrying (60 sec))