Re: FAQ Topics

Jim wrote:
James McKenzie wrote:
It appears that we need a Frequently Asked Questions document to go with our introduction of the Wine Fora to the mailing lists.

WineHQ already has a FAQ on the WineWiki at http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ.  I'd think that maintaining and refining the FAQ there would be a much more productive activity.  Really there isn't much of a difference in pointing a user to a forum post or pointing them to the Wiki.  The Wiki, however, is much easier to maintain.

Great.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
If we need anything "Stickied" to the top of the Forum it should be a Topic called "READ FIRST" which contains a short list of posting guidelines and contains a link to the WineWiki FAQ.

Who can 'make this happen'? We also need a way that new users are directed to the posting guidelines and the FAQ before posting.

James