Serial port problem and strange solution (Fujitsu MCU development under wine)

Hi to everyone, this is my first post to the list.
I'm developing an application for a Fujitsu MCU (90364 series) using Fujitsu Softune6 Workbench in linux under wine.
Everithing works well exept for the firmware serial uploader.
It starts and sends some commands to the MCU but hangs with a timeout error (obviously I've correctly simlinked and chmodded the appropriate ttyS*). To investigate, I started the program again with the option WINDEBUG=+comm and ... incredible as it seems, the program worked *perfectly*. So, is there any technical reason why a serial communication program works well with wine in debug mode but does not work in normal mode? The only explanations that came to my mind is that the huge amount of debug informations which are dumped to the console slows down the program and prevents the timeouts...
Anyone with similar experiences?

By the way, I'm planning to add Fujitsu Development Tools to the wine AppDb as soon as I've sorted this out.

Tnx in advance, bye :-)