Re: GSM 6.10 codec & ACM

A. Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 9:44 PM, A. Tres Finocchiaro
<tres.finocchiaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Larry Shields <larryesu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > *I have a Ham Radio program, named CQ100, it works fine using WINDOZE,
 > but when I installed the same program on my linux system everything
 > works except there is no-audio I'am using Ubuntu 7.10 linux...
 >
 > The author told me that windoze uses GSM 6.10 codec, plus ACM audio
 > compression manager, these are built-in...
 >
 > So by anychance does anyone know of a program that one can get to use on
 > a linux system...
 >
 > Thanks for any help on this matter...
 >
 > Larry
 > *
 >
 > --
 > Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
 > by Ubuntu ver 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon
 > 73 de Larry/wd9esu 31yr's A.R.O.
 >
 > "This is Linux Country,
 > on a quiet night you can hear
 > WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"
 >
 > GPG Fingerprint: A4D2 BFC2 B21B 8F7A C336 EFDC 7039 3CA5 3332 076E
 > Public Key available from subkeys.pgp.net

 Do you have audio in other programs?

 Also, what exactly is a HAM radio program, there just might be others out there!

 -Tres

 --
 - Tres.Finocchiaro@xxxxxxxxx

Scratch that, I found one, it's called "Grig"

Here's a screenshot:

[img]http://download.freshmeat.net/screenshots/21187.png[/img]

If you are on Ubuntu, you can do "sudo apt-get install grig"

Hope it does what you need!

-Tres

*Thanks again - - But this program one can talk to the other ham operators via the internet, anywhere in the world...

I have never see a program that can do this for Ham Radio...You can switch to any ham band, which ever one you choose, and talk on that freq...

From what I understand it is VOIP...

But to use this program one has to be licensed...

Larry
*