Re: Wine broke my WindowsXP (can't login)

helix wrote:

Can anyone please tell me where Wine looks for the path of the system
files (some config file supposedly)?

What "system files" are you referring to? At one time in the distant past Wine had a config file. That has been gone for quite a number of years now. Any Wine "configuration" is now done in the registry. These files are typically ~/.wine/system.reg and ~/.wine/user.reg, though that location can be changed with the WINEPREFIX environment variable.

If I get it right, it's supposed to use the system files in
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 or /usr/lib/wine, but apparently
mine is looking in the wrong location...

Wine uses "builtin" DLLs from some directory, which is commonly /usr/lib/wine (as determined by the packager for the Wine package you installed). It gets "native" DLLs typically from ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32, though this location can be changed in the registry. What makes you think it is using some other locations?