Re: fonts

Hi Roilan,

Judging by the entry for ArcGIS in the wine application db, it may be very difficult for you to run the application in wine.

Do you have winetricks?  It's a great script that will install many basic things for you, including important TrueType fonts.  I would download it, make it executable and use something like "sh winetricks allfonts" to install a few fonts and see if that works.

If not, I would log the output of the font debug channel with

WINEDEBUG+="font" wine yourapp.exe &> yourapp.log

and then look through yourapp.log for some clues.

Good luck,
Ryan