Re: Coping WoW tree

I can personally guarantee that you can do so. The -only- settings WoW saves is its installation path and such, which get recreated if they don't exist in the registry when you run WoW, if I'm not mistaken. If MAY be a small issue when Wrath of the Lich King comes out and you install it in WINE (I dunno really) complaining it can't find WoW, but it shouldn't, as I've been able to copy a normal WoW from my XP install and then patch it under WINE manually.

Just as long as you copy your WTF folder, you're safe :).

BTW it also works cross-OS. Say, Vista->Linux, Linux->Vista, Linux->XP, XP->Vista, and so on. Blizzard rocks.