x86_64 compile from source has no alsa

Hi,

I have been trying to compile wine from source, and whilst everything
works I fail to get alsa support.

I am on Fedora 8 and have all the dependent packages installed as per
the wiki.
(http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit#head-6a1af3960b16c81218ffda50417528f289ffe30f)

I can replicate the issue on my i386 by removing/renaming the file
winealsa.drv.so from /usr/local/lib/wine.

This file is in place on the x86_64 box but doesn't resolve it.
I have added symlinks to the file in /usr/lib64/wine and /usr/lib/wine
without any change.

The problem is demonstrated by going to the audio tab in winecfg and
failing to have ALSA options.

Can anyone help?

Cheers