Re: [SPAM] Re: Upgrading Wine

	(Don't forget to answer to the list so others can see the discussion)

On Monday October 15 2007 21:34, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:
> On Monday 15 October 2007, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>
>  from "L. Rahyen" <research@xxxxxxxxxx> who wrote:
> > And
> > as I said above I see no point in reinstalling all your applications in
> > clean wine prefix directory if you don't have problems with your current
> > one.
>
> Thank you for the explaination.
>
> Given that I use few Windows apps, mainly GPS or bagpipes music related,
> and also that I am maintainer or super maintainer for most of what I use, I
> think I will get in the habit of zeroing ~/.wine at each new release of
> Wine, which will help me find any change in what is working and what is
> not.

	Reinstall of all your application only will help you to find
installation-related regressions. If this is what you want then yes you will
need to reinstall everything from scratch each time. However in practice
regressions in setup programs are rare.