Re: fake security descriptor (PC Verifier install)

Thanks for the reply John.
The problem is that the installation hangs at that point.
I have no idea why it won't proceed. (no other messages display)

Quoting John Drescher <drescherjm@xxxxxxxxx>:

I am attempting to install 'PC Verifier' for credit card processing.
(I'm tired of having to boot into windows.)
I've searched the archives and found mention of this error,
but wasn't able to find a fix or solution.
What is a 'fake SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR'?
Is there a way to correct it?

I believe this error is harmless and means that when a program asks
for the ACL for a file wine returns a generated value instead of the
actual file permissions.

John