Re: using win32 DLLs in Linux

At 2007-07-29 02:12 +0200, Piotr Kowalski wrote:
Hello,

I have a win32 DLL library, which I can't decompile, and can't get it's source
code, but which I'd like to use in my Linux program. I wondered about making
a win32<->Linux interface to use this library, using ready-to-use wine
libraries.

Is it possible, using wine libraries, to have access to functions from this
DLL?

If yes, can you tell me how?

Thank you in advance.

--
Best regards,
Piotr Kowalski

The answer is yes. This is a typical scenario for a winelib program. dlls can be swapped between native and windows.

So write your C code. Use LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress(). Call your routine accordingly. The winelib libraries will do the hard work of loading the dlls for you.

If you don't need dynamic linking there may be even easier techniques. Either way you need to read the winelib documentation.

Geoff Streeter