Can I use Wine to Run the Scan Function of a HP Officejet 4215?

Hello,

I have been trying to use the scan function of my HP Officejet 4215 by invoking sane. And that is not working. As an alternative, I hope I could run Wine as Windows XP and read in the HP cd that came with my printer to setup the printer and the scan function. Right now the printer works. It prints, copies, scans (using HP Director) and faxes and scan under Windows XP. Under Linux it prints, copies and faxes but won't scan. I have been pursuing sane but that doesn't work as of 4 weeks effort. I want to stop using windows XP. I can't be sure but I think I saw that for wine to let me scan it uses sane . I hope not.

   Bob Wessling