Re: X11 Configuration

Le Saturday 16 June 2007 19:58:29 Derek McGowan, vous avez écrit :
> Hi All ...
>
>    I'm a little new to Linux, and WINE, and need a little guidance
> please.  I am running Suse 10.1, and WINE 0.9.39.
>
>    I keep getting the following error and several programs I try to run
>
> fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from
> 32 to 8
>
>   Through the investigation I've done, I'm beginning to think that the
> standard config of X11 that was created through install is not good
> enough - I think that some display issues could be resolved with a
> better configuration file for X11
>
>    I know the hardware is capable of running these prgrams, because I
> have a Windows partition that they run fine on.
>
>   I also understand (I think) that there is an alternative to X11 that
> SUSE may have moved to.
>
>    What I am looking for is clearly understandable instructions on how
> to manually edit the configuration files to ensure that all available
> modes are listed and usable - I think I need to do this manually,
> because I think that the automatic mode does not create the config file
> with ALL available modes.
>
>    Any guidance that anyone can provide would be much appreciated ...
>
> Thanks
>
> Derek

Fixme are not errors. They are a way to say something like "There is a
problem, but I know how to work around with it"

In this case, the application you try to run is in 8bpp colors, and X11 is set
to be in 32bpp mode. this means that wine has to convert the applications
graphics in 32bpp before giving it to X11.

If you don't care about fixme, you can do "WINEDEBUG=fixme-all wine
application.exe" instead of "wine application.exe"