Printing Issue

I have a custom application that is primarily an indexed database of scanned documents. The system can print either search records or the individual documents which are stored in Tiff format. Under windows, everything works perfectly, but there are some issues with speed at our remote offices. I am using FreeNX and Wine to set up remote access to the program to mitigate the overhead that causes the sluggishness at the remote sites and so far everything is working wonderfully except printing the individual images. When the program prints the text indexes it prints perfectly under Wine, but when I try to print an image, I get what appears to be a hugely magnified and inverted version of the upper left part of the document. For instance, if the first letter on the scanned document is a "Y" you get a solid black page with the "\" part of the Y spanning the page top to bottom. I talked to the developer and he built a test version that just outputs a postscript stream instead of raw image data and it looks exactly the same as the programs default print method.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brent Davidson