Question on release 0.9.37 and using MSI installs linux

I am new to WINE as we are evaluating it for a possible solution to our product.

I am trying to understand what does the first comment of this release really mean:

- MSI automation with JScript/_vbscript_ support.

Does this mean that we can use the msi.dll to perform operations on MSI installs?

Here is what our product does that I ask this question for. We have a client server software package. We have been a pure windows based environment. The server side has had a tomcat webserver that hosts our client installers. Each client that wants to install our software goes to the website and downloads a msi install. To make the installer easier for pushing and to install we perform two operations on the msi’s when we install the servers. We transform them to the language chosen. We also set ip addresses and other flags inside the msi database. To perform these functions we use _vbscript_ and windows dlls.

Our next release will be on a linux server but our client will still be windows based. However we need to configure our clients on this linux server. So what we are trying to determine, is that if we can run an windows emulator on the linux platform to perform these operations.

There is another catch, our linux server is severely locked down in that there is no console, or x-windows interface running. All operations are done via webserver which in turn can run command line calls. So what we need is an emulator that we can run on a single command that will perform a _vbscript_ call and use some windows dll’s.

Can this product handle this?

Thanks

Tom Kielty