Re: Porting a Win32 application using Winelib...

On 5/11/07, Rod <rodzilla@xxxxxxx> wrote:
If the Linux port succeeds, next step is a Solaris port.

... and lots of your users are still running Sparc?  OK, then
winelib makes good sense.

I ran the .exe using Wine and it works just fine (I must
admit I was really impressed) ; this is why I'm seriously
considering the Winelib approach.

> And what app is this, btw?  Is it commercial?

It is a commercial "Electronic Design Automation" application.

Do you think the winelib port is possible ?

Absolutely.  Solaris is a bit iffy; two people are working out
the kinks now, so it might be a bit of a race.  You might end
up helping them work a few kinks out.

Is this the right list for this question or should I post it
to wine-devel ?

wine-users is fine for now.  If it doesn't get you satisfaction,
escalate to wine-devel, perhaps.

The first thing to do, though, is probably to put together a minimal
test case whose source you can post.
- Dan