Re: Ford Tech Serv app does not work

Sunday April 22 2007 23:11、David Anderson さんは書きました:
> L. Rahyen wrote:
> > Saturday April 21 2007 16:18、David Anderson さんは書きました:
> >> the app exe ( installed on disk) cannot seem to find
> >> the cd
> >
> > 	Do you have correct CD-ROM setup in Wine?
> > 	Run winecfg, go to "Drives" tab, choose CD/DVD drive from which you
> > installed your application, click "Show Advanced" and set "Type" to
> > CD-ROM then click Apply or OK. Please note that some applications check
> > for its CDs ONLY drive from which they were installed (this is actually
> > application's bug not Wine') but most applications check all your CD-ROM
> > drives (this is correct and fortunatelly typical behavior).
> >         If this doesn't work for you, try to install nocd crack if
> > available. If this doesn't help either (for example, there is no nocd
> > hack available) you may try CrossOver or even Cedega. Unfortunatelly
> > Cedega is based on very old Wine code so it supports much less
> > applications than Wine or CrossOver but it include support for copy
> > protections that some applications uses (including a lot of games).
>
> Well setting Type did not help.  (2 CDs on the machine, but
> they behave identically for this app, I tried setting Type with both).
> The CD is legally purchased (it is not a copy of a CD but is a
> real Ford CD) .   It worked fine on Windows ME.  There is no 'password'.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions though.
> David Anderson

	Then this is problem with copy protection, a lot of copy protection systems
doesn't work yet under Wine. You should try Cedega if running this
application is important to you, but as I said Cedega is much worse than
Wine, but it have support for more copy protection systems.

	P.S. Don't forget to CC to the list so others can see the discussion.