Wine - Launching Programs

I've had various Windows programs working successfully via wine but am
getting a wee bit confused running my email program.

I have my original windows installation accessible from Linux, I also
have a copy under /home/.wine and also on a USB stick.

In order to use my most up to date version I have altered the
filepath (eg wine /media/windows/system/pmail/winpm-32.exe -Z 12 but for
some reason the same program file appears whatever filepath I use - I can
tell by the date of the messages.

Am I doing something obviously wrong here

Geoff Lane