Re: debugging an app which crashes my Window manager?

jkn wrote:
Hi Duane
    Thanks for all of your suggestions. I knew some of this and learned
some more from your suggestions. I knew nothing about examine-relay so
thanks! I wasn't sure whether the fact that the crash was breaking kWin
would stop this logging mechanism working. I confess I haven't yet
tried it ;-o .

I do have Windows programming & debugging experience so that should
help.

Actually, since I posted this I have become advocate for this program
with Codeweavers. I am guessing that the same debugging techniques will
apply. Is this true, of have Codeweavers modified things in some way?

I don't know for sure, but Codeweavers is very close to regular Wine. I would imagine all the same techniques would work.