Re: Problem with WAVE_FORMAT_ADPCM sound files

michal wrote:
Daniel Skorka wrote:

michal <mich_r@xxxxx> wrote:

and wine outputs the following to the console:

wodOpen unimplemented format: WAVE_FORMAT_ADPCM

[...]

those waves with mplayer with no problems, and it said it is in the
MSADPCM format:

So could anybody tell me what's wrong here so I can't play the files
under wine (and how to make it work). Please help, my wife is learning

Are you using ALSA? Appearantly, ADPCM in combination with ALSA is not
yet supported in wine. Try using OSS, the OSS emulation layer of ALSA
or ESD.

I tried ESD and OSS settings in winecfg - there is no "unimplemented
format" message with them but no sound is played also. I tested this
settings with another application and there sound is working with OSS
and ESD. Only if I use "aoss wine appname.exe" there is no sound in
both applications (OSS selected in winecfg).

I enabled debug mode (export WINEDEBUG=warn+all) and now I see the
following in the console (with ESD selected):
warn:wave:wodOpen Bad format: tag=0002 nChannels=1 nSamplesPerSec=22050
!
warn:wave:wodOpen Bad format: tag=0002 nChannels=1 nSamplesPerSec=22050
!
(...)7x the same line as above
warn:wavemap:wodOpen ret = WAVERR_BADFORMAT

And with OSS selected:
warn:wave:supportedFormat only WAVE_FORMAT_PCM and
WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE supported
warn:wave:wodOpen Bad format: tag=0002 nChannels=1 nSamplesPerSec=22050
!
warn:wavemap:wodOpen ret = WAVERR_BADFORMAT

Any hope with this?

did you properly install wine? can you check (in the registry file) that WaveMapper isn't define (or point to msacm32.drv and not the old wavemap.drv)?
grep -i wavemapper ~/.wine/*.reg

A+

--
Eric Pouech