Re: HOWTO configure internet access

Daniel,

thx for your thoughts. As I've no proxy here, I didn't try ProxyEnable.

Would you have a look at the log extract in www.busse.oche.de/tmp/20061215wininet.log? I inserted comment lines (starting with "###") for update start and error messages.

Any idea where to go on?

Frank

Daniel Skorka wrote:
Frank Busse <frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
after searching all the sources I knew so far, there seems to be no advice for configuring internet access for wine. Must obviously be too streamline to bother about... ;-)

That's because there is (almost) nothing left to configure. wine uses
the standard Un*x APIs for networking and that's it.
What is left is the configuration of a proxy for e.g. http.

HOWTO:
$ wine regedit
Open the key Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Internet Settings
Create a new DWORD called "ProxyEnable" and give it the value "1"
Create a new String called "ProxySever" and give it the value
"your.proxy.here:port"

That should do the trick. If not, provide us with a WINEDEBUG=+wininet
trace.

Daniel