Re: Usb connection with HP S20 photo scanner

mk67 wrote:
Hi all,
I'm try to use the firmware software of the Photosmart S20 scanner.
The software by it self work fine , but it can't make the connection
to the scanner.
Is there a way with wine.conf or other to give to the software the
right way to find the scanner?
If you can help, please do, it make my day brighter!

Does your scanner work with SANE? I think if it works with SANE it should work in Wine too.

I just found this on Google:

#   I want to buy a PhotoSmart S20. Is it supported ?
It is not supported by the hp-backend. It seems that it does not use SCL (HP's Scanner Control Language) which is required for use with the hp-backend.

Looks like you might be out of luck.