Re: Unable to print - fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_EndPage Already ended a page?

Jarle Thorsen wrote:
Duane Clark <junkmail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_EndPage Already ended a page?
Only that last line is an error. The others are normal. I notice that when
I run and try to print with coverXP, if I don't first select "Printer
setup" and click ok, I have the same problem. Once I do the printer setup
step (it is not necessary to actually change anything) and click ok, it
seems to print for me.

This might indicate some subtle bug in Wine, since presumably it is not
necessary to go through the printer setup step every time in Windows.

That seemed to fix my problem. But I was unable to find a place to change
settings for colour/grayscale printout. Do I have to change that from the
cups settings, and not from whatever w32 application I am running?

I would give it a try. Normally in this kind of situtation, I would create several different print queues, each with different default print options. I haven't tried color/grayscale printing in Wine, so I don't know how well that works.

The printing area in Wine needs a lot of work, but fortunately a developer has been doing quite a bit recently (as far as I remember, the first significant work in several years). So hopefully it will improve over the next few months.