Re: Wine reboot my linux

G.S. Link wrote:
Michael Bonfils wrote:

1. Don't run as wine as root.
I don't

2. Wine as a user program can not reboot system.
Well, I'm agree with you that

3. Wine can use parts of the video and other driver that have bugs.
4. Suspect the video drivers.

Hum... maybe, I've a 6600 nvidia and I remenber a bug about crash when
long text/url (?) are displayed,
I'll test that with the exploit available at
http://www.rapid7.com/advisories/R7-0025.jsp

5. Also a possible hardware overtemp problem at 100% CPU loading.
But the crash occurs while install, not playing ! And I've playing
others 3D games and no crashes occures, I've also check my CPU temp :
39°

Not a wine problem!
I hope..

Thanks,
Michael

This happens with Nvidia cards. I posted about this with RH FC6 several weeks ago. I was using a 5200 card. It is not a Wine problem. I sometimes get around it by using the analog feed to my monitor instead of digital. I found it to be in all drivers and to cause this problem on most of the native Linux applications that use accelerated video. I figured this would be appearing here so I posted a warning on the developer forum. This sounds like it isn't a RH problem.
In the latest updates to FC6 the problem APPEARS to be fixed. This may or may not help you.