Re: Problems creating a winelib-based program

Fleabag wrote:
Thanks Segin.

Darnit, that's a massive spanner in the works for me :-( so I'm going
to have to dig deeper into the way wine works to see if I can find a
workaround. But thanks for the heads up, those few words explain a lot
for me.

Fleabag

To be more clear, the entry point function I refer to is usually labeled _start, and preforms all program initialization functions (that is, after ld.so load and relocates all the requires shared objects), such as processing the program arguments into a form usable by main(), and calling main(). Since each OS passes inital arguments and environment to programs differently, it would require that: a. the source to the crt0.o file be available, and b. that someone has the time to modify it to work with Wine.

Most crt0 fiels are written in assembler, but a notable exception is FreeBSD, whose _start function is written in C, nad has the following prototype:

void _start(char *arg0, ...);

Which means that FreeBSD passes the arguments C-style.