Re: Wine on a Flash drive

Daniel Skorka a écrit :
Henri <x@xxxxx> wrote:
Do you think it is possible to use the Win32 packages of wine to run non portable applications on a USB key ? For example an application could use the registrey db stored on the flash drive if launched by wine.
I think it could be great to have a real user environment on a flash drive.

I do not quite understand your intentions:
What do you mean by "non portable"? And how is the win32 package
supposed to fit in?

Daniel
well, english is not my native language, I try again :)
this is what I mean for portable application: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_application
the portable applications don't store anything  on the computer.
unfortunally most of application use registry to store app settings or to retrieve a com object etc ... my idea was to install a wine environement on a flash drive, so i would be able to run this kind of application on a flash drive.
I'm new to wine and I suppose win32 packages could run on windows.
i am wrong ?

henri