Re: Usb connection with HP S20 photo scanner

mk67 a écrit :
Hi all,
I'm try to use the firmware software of the Photosmart S20 scanner.
The software by it self work fine , but it can't make the connection
to the scanner.
Is there a way with wine.conf or other to give to the software the
right way to find the scanner?
If you can help, please do, it make my day brighter!

If you are trying to hook up an HP Scanner to a Linux box you may be encountering a bug in a particular kernel that did not allow HP Scanner recognition. I use MandrivaLinux 2007 and you may find a discussion on their forum. I had a problem with my HP scanner which was eventually resolved through a kernel update. You may find the discussion here:

http://forum.club.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=57921&sid=d850e4519d3beea94a4d768c73167ebe

Maybe this will help you out in connecting it to your Linux box instead of through WINE.

You may also want to investigate a piece of software called "Vuescan" (http://www.hamrick.com) which I use. It is commercial, but the author is extremely helpful and Vuescan is an excellent piece of Linux software.

Cheers

Marc