Re: Diablo II

Daniel Skorka went clickity clack on the keyboard and produced this interesting bit of text:
Vernon Balbert <vbalbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've built an Ubuntu machine and have successfully installed Wine and installed Diablo II and its expansion set successfully. I'm able to run Diablo except for one problem: I can't hold down the Alt key and click an object with the mouse at the same time. This is kind of vital in the game otherwise it's difficult to pick up individual items in the middle of a bunch of junk. Any ideas what may help?

You can't meaning "you do, but the game acts like you didn't do
anything"? In that case I would suggest your window manager / desktop
environment (propably Gnome) intercepts this combination for its own
purposes.

You're right, I'm using Gnome. When I'm not in the game and I press Alt-left-mouse-button it lets me move the window I'm focused on. The Mouse preferences does not seem to have a way to change the mouse button assignments. I tried to locate information on where to change these settings, but unfortunately I'm too much of a novice to find it. Can you give me any clues as to where I can find how to configure the mouse buttons? I'm guessing it's in the xorg.conf file, but I'm clueless what to do there.

--
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?