Re: Install all Windows XP DLLs

marthinus.swart@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I need to know is there some utility I can use to install all my
Windows XP DLLs on my Wine install? I have a legal copy of Windows XP I
never use, so I might as well add all the native DLLs to my Wine
install, thus insuring all my Windows apps will always work, no need
for the reverse engineered Wine DLLs to run my Windows applications.

AFAIK there isn't a specific utility to do this but it is easy to do. Unfortunately using windows dlls work ensure that all windows apps always work and can - in some circumstances - break compatibility. The best thing to do if you definetly want to go down this route would be to copy the system & system32 folders from a currently installed XP and leave wine to choose which native/builtin dll to use.