Re: Accuterm 2K2 on Wine under Gentoo Linux

Daniel Skorka wrote:
jthompson333 <jthompson333@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Which emulation is the most stable in your humble opinion?
WIndows 2000, XP, or 98?

Windows 2000 is the default. Unless you have specific reason to
change that it is your best choice.

Daniel

Coming a bit late to the party here, but I have Accuterm 2k2 release
5.2b running on top of Wine 0.9.25. My Linux is Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy. My
emulation is WinXP. It took a few hours of hair-pulling, mostly to get
WINE configured from scratch, and the range of fonts is limited, but
it's there and is stable. Both nailed telnet and SSH with no problems,
other than I had to change the SSH setting from "auto" to SSH1. I
didn't try serial or PicLAN, but I see no reason they'd not work. I'm
using the Bitstream Vera Sans Mono font, and it sizes nicely. It took
a while before I had printing, but that was corrected once I declared
a default printer to WINE.
--
Cheers,
SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man