Re: app has problems parsing its config file

ap wrote:
On Nov 28, 12:07 pm, Duane Clark <junkm...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That version of Wine had quite a few errors in the file reading
functions. Have you tried the most recent Wine?

No, just 0.9.22 which I thought was quite recent. If there are known
file reading problems, the latest may definitely be worth trying.

Yes, that would definitely be worth a try. There have been several patches since then to fix bugs in that area. The most recent Wine version is 0.9.26, and that would be the one to try.

On the other hand, if you are confident that it was in fact using native
msvcrt, then the problem would appear to be more subtle. You can always
verify whether it is in fact loading the native DLLs and by setting a
WINEDEBUG environment variable to +loaddll. Only pay attention to the
end of each line where it says "builtin" or "native".

Ok, I verified, and this shows up in the log, with msvcrt set to
"native" in winecfg:

andreas@fels ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/temp $ grep -i msvcrt dll.out
trace:loaddll:load_native_dll  Loaded module
L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCRT.dll" : native
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module
L"c:\\windows\\system32\\msvcrt.dll" : builtin

So it seems to load first the native and then later the builtin ?

Hmm... I am not sure why it would do that. I am guessing you set the override only for the application? If so, try setting it for everything (all applications should work fine with a native msvcrt), and see if that works.