Re: Wine and Skype

Daniel Skorka wrote:
Guido Milanese <guidofabrizio.milanese@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So I tried to use wine for that. I am not familiar with wine (never
need Windows programs, really) and I tried to use what had been
installed by Mandriva.

Red the Users guide on winehq.org

Testing wine, it's all right with the preconfigured programs I can
access from the wine menu.
Trying to use Skype, i get some error messages:

if I use 'nt40', and messages inviting to use nt40 (or win31) if I
leave automatically detection possible.

I don't understand that sentence.

That's probably because you think the last bit is a complete sentence. It isn't. What he's saying is:

Trying to use Skype, i get some error messages (he then lists error messages which you cut) if I use 'nt40'(in winecfg), and messages inviting to use nt40 (or win31) if I leave automatically detection possible.

Browsing the debug output, I think that the clue may be in lines as
this one:

Post all the output if it's less than 100 lines. Provide a link if it's
more than that. Random selection of messages is not going to help
anyone. Include the command you use to invoke skype. Tell us what wine
version you have.

Daniel

True. Btw the lines that he did include were asking for a system file called "advapi32.dll" which apparently manages the registry and starts/shuts down the computer.