Re: Weatherscope mouse button issues

Declan Moriarty wrote:
On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 18:54 -0500, Ryan May wrote:

So to be clear, when right-clicking and selecting properties and the dialog pops up, you can interact with it right away? On my system, when I do this, I need to click once (anywhere) before I can work with the dialog. Before I click, the cursor becomes a no sign (circle with diagonal line through it) any time it is over a UI element, which to me signals invalid drag-and-drop. This is with usb optical mouse on Gentoo AMD64 with wine-0.9.32. I checked your xorg.conf info, and the only difference here is that protocol is set to "Auto". (I'll check if IMPS/2 makes a difference when I get a chance.)

I repeat that I have no data on disk or coming in. The check I am doing
is File/new_graph/Right click on Tdew or Tair. I am getting the
behaviour you describe above but didn't conceive it as the problem. It's
a minor irritation. No any sign of drag & drop behaviour or boxes drawn
by the cursor, like your first mail mentioned.

When I first start it, I've got a map of Oklahoma that I can play with.

"Drag and drop" might be the wrong term to use, I'm not sure. I call it that since when you have multiple items on the left bar, you can drag them around to change their ordering (affecting what is drawn on top). This is an annoyance, b/c when I change properties (ex. changing what radar is being displayed for a particular item), I end up reshuffling things around. While not a major bug by any means and Weatherscope is still very much usable, there is clearly something going wrong here.

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant