Re: wine & virtual device drivers

On 2/21/07, Juan Luis Ramos <jlramv@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to run a windows applicaction that requires access to a
parallel port security device. I need to install 'Hardlock Device
Driver' from Alladin but the installer returns:
"Installing  the Device drivers failed. The error message is:
Failed to query processes accesing the driver.
Failed to open the registry"

Naturally, the program doesn't run. I've copied the files (.dll, .sys
and .vxd) to C:\windows\system32, but I get the same result.

Wine can not use .vxds because it can not give direct access to the hardware.

John