RE: Wine + Windows Partition + Registry

Better way to first try to install under Wine and see if it works.
Then (and only then) you may try to bypass installation if
program doesn't work without installing (that is, have some
stupid registry keys that cannot be created at startup of the
software because of stupidity of its developers). You may also
want to monitor what files programs create, change or use
under Windows. To do this, run VMWare or QEmu with clean
Windows...

The reason I'm doing this instead of straight wine is because the
three programs I mentioned /do/ fail to install.