Re: Is wine 0.9.22 the only working

Few days ago I see my wine version is very old so I
decided to upgrade to 0.9.29 but...
softwares I used perfectly with 0.9.22 don't work at
all with recent wine versions. :-/
try this:
1. back-up your ~/.wine directory. You could do the following.
   tar cfz wine.backup.tgz ~/.wine
   or simply move it to some other place
2. delete ~/.wine folder and run winecfg to re-build a new one.
   rm -rf ~/.wine
3. install whatever software you were using before

I know this is not a proper solution. One should not wipe out the entire installation every time an upgrade is in place. If the above works, then there is some sort of incompatibility between the configuration/setup of the two wine versions. I've seen this behavior before.

-Ioannis