Re: Running Creatoon [was: Increasing swap space]

Thanks for the help. I added the dlls and did get past the plugin problem, but still couldn't use the program. I'm in over my head at this point (there were so many problems spit out by the error log I wouldn't even know where to begin). So I'm going back to plan A for trying to produce my animations on my Ubuntu set-up: Inkscape, Cinelerra, and a lot of manual tweening.

Thanks again for the help.

Matt

Dan Kegel wrote:
Matt Jordan wrote:
I think I'm tantalizingly close to being able to use a program called
Creatoon (http://www.creatoon.com) via Wine on my Ubuntu Edgy set-up.
The Creatoon interface loads but doesn't seem to do anything.  During
Creatoon's start-up, I get two identical messages telling me that some
unspecified module could not be loaded.

Nah, it's not swap space.  Look at the log right before
the first error; you'll see the line
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCIRT.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\Program Files\\ANDROME NV\\CreaToon
3.0\\Plugins\\CtKernel_Basics.ctx") not found
And right before the second error, you'll see the line
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP60.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\Program Files\\ANDROME NV\\CreaToon
3.0\\Plugins\\CreaToon3_Basics.ctx") not found

You need to copy msvcirt.dll and msvcp60.dll into windows/system32, I think.
(They seem to be part of MS Visual C++, and the
developers of creatoon just forgot to include it, since
recent versions of Windows happen to bundle it.  See
http://kegel.com/wine/isv/visual-studio-6-REDIST.TXT)

No idea if the app will then run properly, but at least you'll
get past your plugin problem.
- Dan