Re: Re: How to install IE6 correctly?

On 12/19/06, Flying <wu_yinghui@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--- James Hawkins <truiken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The install isn't only half completed by the time it
> asks for a
> reboot....that's all there is to the install.  If it
> doesn't call
> wineboot automatically (which it probably did), then
> wineboot works
> fine.
>
> --
> James Hawkins

No, I tried creating .wine anew (by removing my old
profile, and run winecfg again), but no luck. There
were following errors upon wineboot:
==snip==
err:wineboot:ProcessWindowsFileProtection WFP:
shdocvw.dll error 0x7
err:wineboot:ProcessWindowsFileProtection WFP:
shlwapi.dll error 0x7
err:wineboot:ProcessWindowsFileProtection WFP:
urlmon.dll error 0x7
==snip==

Those err's are harmless.

And looking into ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/, the
Internet Explorer/ and Output Express/ folders were
created, but there is no iexplorer.exe in the folder
(only ie6setup.exe and other intermediate files
there).

That's what I meant by "half-installed" IE6.

Any more clue? (BTW, my WINE is 0.9.27, built from
source downloaded by WineHQ on Ubuntu Edgy.)

I'm guessing you mean iexplore.exe and not iexplorer.exe.  If
iexplore.exe isn't there, I don't know what you tell you.  It works
for me and most everyone else.

--
James Hawkins