Re: Re: Running Turbo C

G.S. Link wrote:
Dotan Cohen wrote:

On 13/07/06, Plamen Vassilev <plamen.vassilev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Dotan,

Consider using DosBox from http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/
I successfully installed and ran Turbo C from
http://webcourse.cs.technion.ac.il/234112/Spring2006/en/ho_Turbo-C.html
without any tweaking.
I downloaded
http://webcourse.cs.technion.ac.il/234112/Spring2006/ho/WCFiles/TURBOC30.zip,
unzipped it and ran the install.exe installer.
The Turbo C installed into C:\TC\
The IDE runs fine and I managed to compile and run a simple Hello world
program that looked like this:

<CODE>
#include <iostream.h>
main()
{
  cout << "Hello world";
}
</CODE>
the output was as expected.

I hope it will work for you too.

--
regards
Plamen Vassilev

Bulgaria, Varna
T: +359 52 644615
M: +359 899 989647
E: plamen.vassilev@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks, Plamen. I had no luck with dosbox, but I'll try it again.
Maybe this time I'll be more determined as I know that you had
succeeded. Thank you very much for installing and testing Turbo C.

Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com

OT: We visited Varna in September 2004. We loved it and we'll definetly be back!

When running Dosbox please remember that out of the box it will not run on and FC4 or 5 kernel past 2108. This may be due to some feature of SE Linux but it doesn't run even with SE shut off on later kernels. Some of the later kernels also seem to cause Wine to do strange things in the video. I haven't reported a problem because I haven't quite been able to figure out what is wrong.
The latest kernels now run Dosbox correctly. Whatever the problem it has been fixed.