Re: windows programms starting linux programms

L. Rahyen schrieb:
On Tuesday November 21 2006 11:41, Jan Murawski wrote:
Hi.

I have got the following problem: I'd like to use the windows version of
firefox in linux. When I download a file and tell firefox which
application to use with it, the application opens fine. But the path of
the file given to it by firefox is in windows style (C:\...). Is there a
(easy) way to tell wine to covert the path to linux style? If yes, where
can I read more about it?

Forgot to say. You can also use winepath to convert between different paths. So you can easy convert from Windows path to Unix path. You can to use this command to provide Unix path for Linux applications from within Windows application. Just instead of application use simple script. For example create with your favorite text editor file /usr/bin/linuxapplication.win with following content:

for i in $@
{
        paths="$paths `winepath --unix $i`";
}
linuxapplication $paths

Call linuxapplication.win instead of linuxapplication from Windows application under Wine. It should work for most cases. Of course you should replace "linuxapplication" with actual name of your linux application.

I've got no time to test this now, but it looks good. Thanks!