Actual Situation for Mac OS X on Intel?

Hello,

I was browsing through the documentation of Wine on Mac namely Darwin
on both the websites but I find the answers I got there rather confusing:

http://darwine.opendarwin.org/faq.php#5
http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/Installing

My question is what is the actual status of Wine on Mac Os X Intel Platform?

Is there a possibility to run applications like XML Spy which I need badly
on any system different from Windows or is there really no chance to do
this? Meaning I can start looking for Alternatives?

Cheers,
Pete