Re: Wine doesn't work?

I reverted to 9.19 and now it works. 9.20 and 9.21 did not work on my system <shrug>

Try running "wine (windows.exe)" from the command line to see if it
gives you a better error.  If it works when you try it in that manner,
it's a problem with the slackware package and should be directed to
whomever maintains it.

Why run emule instead of the native Linux amule (http://www.amule.org)?

Matthew L Reed wrote:
Clean install of Slackware 10.2. Wine 0.9.20. Downloaded slackware
package.
Installed with KPackage via KDE, no errors. I have several Windows
apps that
I used under Wine with Slackware 10.0. I right click on executable,
select
Wine Windows Emulator, I can see in the process table Wineserver,
wine-preloader, and wineprefixcreator(?). Then they all go away, and
nothing
happens. It doesn't matter which windows executable I try. The three I've
used sucessfully in the past is emule, totalcommander, and winmx. I've
run
emule and winmx 24/7 for a long time, it works(worked) great.

Where to start troubleshooting? With Slackware 10.0 and older wine
version
(9.18 or so?) this all worked fine, I'm not sure if it's the current wine
version or Slackware 10.2.