Re: Compiling wine on AMD64

Pavel Troller wrote:
I've been trying various ways of getting wine running on my 64 bit
ubuntu machine.  So far I haven't been very successful.  I am trying
the source for 0.9.20 and I'm using the latest k8 kernel in ubuntu. I have an nvidia card and am using the latest glx drivers available
in ubuntu (1.0.8762).

Do you have also 32bit (i386) OpenGL libraries/headers installed ? Wine needs
them because it always compiles in 32bit mode and cannot link 64bit libs.
            With regards, Pavel Troller
I'm guessing I don't have everything, but I'm not sure exactly what libraries it requires. There are some differences when I do a "ls *GL*" in my /usr/lib32 and /usr/lib64, but I'm not really sure where to go from there. The main difference is that my lib32 doesn't seem to have the libGLEW files present. The other files are named the same but have different file sizes. According to synaptic I have both libglew1 and libglew-dev packages installed.

Could this be the source of the problem?