Re: World of Warcraft Installation

Colin Kern wrote:
I'm trying to install World of Warcraft on Ubuntu 6.06.  I have
followed the instructions on AppDB to build the patched version of
Wine 0.9.18, and am now trying to install it.  I am trying to install
from iso files on my hard drive, not CDs.  I have created a directory
/media/fakecd, and I do "sudo mount -o loop disc1.iso /media/fakecd".
I also used winecfg to add e: to the device list, putting
"/media/fakecd" as the location and selecting "CD-ROM" as the type.  I
then do 'wine "e:/Installer.exe"' and the installer runs and I can
begin installation.  The problem is when it needs the second disc.  I
do "sudo umount /media/fakecd" and then "sudo mount -o loop disc2.iso
/media/fakecd" but then when I click on "ok" in the installer to
continue the installation nothing happens.  Anyone know what's wrong?

I managed to get Wow installed (on Debian Etch though) by copying all the content from the CDs to harddrive - and running the install-program from there instead. I think you would be successful using this method on an Ubuntu system too. (I had the same problem installing from CD, seems to be this way with many program when running wine.)

/Andreas
andreas.ronnquist@xxxxxxxxx