Re: Running with an iso image

You may need to make a symlink to the device (in this case the iso
file). In ~/.wine/dosdevices, there should be a symlink d: to the
mount point and d:: to the device.

On 8/7/06, Colin Kern <razael1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to run a program (Diablo 2) from an iso image of the disc
rather than the disc itself.  I used mkisofs to create the image, then
I mounted it on /mnt/virtualcd.  I can't get Diablo 2 to recognize it,
though.  First I create a new drive in winecfg, e:, and made that
/mnt/virtualcd, but when I ran Diablo 2 it said it couldn't detect the
CD.  So then I removed e: and changed d: to be /mnt/virtualcd instead
of my real cd drive.  It still couldn't detect the CD.  What do I need
to do?

Thanks,
Colin

Vincent Povirk